10 Best Table Saws Under $500 in 2023 – Affordable & Reliable
In case you are a beginner and lack the budget, you can have the Best Table Saws under 500 to get a value-added machine within your budget. As these table saws offer ease of use, precise cutting, and least maintenance, having one of them may make your life quite easy.
Woodcraft is a spectacular art. And if you are a beginner, the advice is never to compromise on tools. Because your finishing results depend a lot on a good table saw. Carpenters need a blade that could give clean cuts: cross-cutting, bevel cutting, groove and rabbet cutting, miter cutting, rip cutting, or dado cutting for multiple materials without burr. We have selected a few entry-level table saws for newbies so you can handle your materials with comfort and do your DIYs, initial projects, or build this new hobby/career with ease and safety.
We’re here to help you pick the best table saw under $500 that will fuel your passion and give you satisfactory results. Some key variables that we explain in this article will give you a deep understanding of specifications, features (what to look for precisely in a beginner table saw), and Pros and cons. We will also provide a buying guide that will help you choose the best entry-level table saw.
10 Best Table Saws under 500
1. DeWALT DCS7485B Flexvolt Table Saw – Best Beginner Table Saw
- Cordless with work capacity equivalent to a cord-powered Saw.
- Comes with a metal roll cage base which makes it more durable.
- Smooth fence adjustment made possible by smooth rack and pinion telescoping.
- Comes with a power-loss prevent function that keeps the table saw from the sudden restart after power disruption/ battery change.
- Have a rip capacity of 24 inches for 4×8 length plywood.
- The battery adjusts itself according to the voltage requirement and switches voltage when tools are changed.
First on the list is the best table saw under $500 for beginners, it comes with tons of ease. It’s a cordless, battery-operated saw. It cuts up to 92 meters 18 MM OSB board per charge. The battery life is reliable, and won’t cause trouble. It weighs 45 pounds which makes it easy to move, even for an individual.
It comes with a single groove on the left side. The size of the saw is 12.9 x 23.8 x 23.8 inches which make the saw very handy. And its size is compatible with solo jobs, home-based projects, or professionals. This is one of the best tables saw under $500, that can improvise your experience manyfold.
DeWALT DCS7485B is the best tool for frequent jobs. A novice carpenter can use it for starters and a professional can use it for the convenience it offers. Being a battery-charged Saw, it provides results that match the electric cord-powered saw.
- Most convenient for a portable job, when you don’t wanna do any heavy work or drag the cord here and there.
- Very easy to set up and operate.
- The battery has an indicator to show when it is down, so you might never need a power-loss preventing function. Just be vigilant about the indicator.
- Easy to operate for novices, makes it the best entry-level table saw.
- 90 days money-back guarantee with a full year of service and a warranty of three years.
- Battery replacement is quick and smooth
- With the vacuum hooked up, you can use it anywhere without worrying about the mess.
- No spindle on the rack and pinion knob.
- The miter slide has a plastic scale
- Battery and chargers are not part of the price, purchased separately.
- Can cause a problem starting, make sure to take clarification from the manufacturer. The on/off button works best with the red safety cover.
The cut (of every nature) is clean, efficient, and smooth with pretty good battery time. Upon testing, we found that the miter gauge was slightly loose that caused noise during the cutting operation. Further, we did little adjustments to remove these playouts and get the saw fixed to show zero play. This table saw is best for beginners carpenters who want to have quality cuts on their medium size projects.
2. Goplus Table Saw – Best Professional Table Saw
- Weight: 46 pounds
- Blade speed: 5000 RPM
- Blade type: 36T Carbide-tipped blade
- Batteries required: 1 Lithium-ion battery
- Cutting angle: 90 Degrees
Goplus is the most suitable table saw under $500 to do professional-level jobs. However, it’s a wise choice precisely for DIY projects or medium-level woodwork with a quality finish. Goplus is a 46 pounds table saw with a 36T carbide-tipped blade spin speed of 5000 rotations per minute. 5000 RPM on a 36 tooth blade makes it a beast to cut hardwood. Goplus runs on a 15 Amp motor and produces very little noise, so you can work for longer hours without causing any disturbance in your surroundings.
Goplus is powered by 1 Lithium-ion battery, with a rip capacity of 26 inches. Its aluminum-coated tabletop reduces friction and makes it a smooth surface for the wood to slide. At the same time, its riving knife and guards protect from any flying chips or harm, and its fence keeps the wood aligned.
- Adjust the blade height through the handle as per the nature of your work. Easily perform slothing, ripping, and cutting.
- The blade can bevel cut about 2-½ inches deep from 0 to 45 degrees.
- Perform crosscut about 3 inches deep at 90 degrees.
- The miter gauge can go from -45 degrees to 45 degrees for cross-cutting.
- Rip fence comes with a parallel guide that ensures a neat and stable cut.
- Goplus comes with storage space to keep your push stick/ gripper or wrenches etc. at hand’s length.
- Due to manageable weight, it offers mobility and is easy to remove from the stand if desired.
- Sawdust makes the table a bit messy because there’s no vacuum connected to it.
The Goplus table is very thoughtfully designed to meet the requirements of carpenters. It’s one of the best tables saw under $500 that you can buy. The price is reasonable when compared to the efficiency and productivity of the product. For home-based projects with a professional finish, it’s almost an inexpensive choice.
3. SKIL 15 Amp 10 Inch Table Saw-TS6307-00
- Weighs 51 pounds
- The stand is foldable and makes it easier to move.
- Capable of 4×4 cut at 90 degrees angle.
- Blade size: 10 inches
- Bevel cut between 0 to 45 degrees
- Inches: 41 x 31.5 x 21.5 inches
- Dado cut capacity is 5 / 8 Inches
- Spins at 4600 rotations per minutes
- Anti-restart switch
Skil is a renowned market name and offers the best quality products in this beginners level table saw. So far, Skil TS6307-00 is sufficient enough to start with and keep working for a few more years before you even want a new one. It’s the quality of the product and its reliability that is assuring Skil runs on electricity and comes with folding legs for a stand. It requires one lithium-ion battery for support.
- Comes with additional space for accessories.
- Easy to assemble and disassemble.
- Best for plywood sheets.
- Dust port attached to a dust container makes it clean and
- Three year’s limited warranty
- Bigger than usual portable table saws
- Locking parts are designed of low quality.
Silk is a beautiful choice for a light job.. You can perform bevel cuts, crosscuts, and ripping on plywood and do some complicated designs on plywood with convenience
4. WORX WX572L BladeRunner – Best Precision Table Saw
- Cuts metal, tiles, plastic, wood with ease and precision.
- Blade (not regular wheel): have 5 different types of blades, one for each material (woods, ceramic tile, steel, aluminum, scrolling,)
- Packing include: rip fence, miter gauge, dust extraction port, and blade grip
- Weighs about 15 pounds and highly portable. Gives ease to work either in the kitchen, garden, studio, or even outdoor.
While searching for the best table saw under $500, we came across this beautiful tiny little ripper. Since many of our readers love DIY and want a table saw that is affordable, efficient, perfect for their hobby, and is easy to move around. WORX WX572L is just the best product for your table. Yes!!. It weighs only 14.7 pounds (barely 7 or 8 kgs) and no stand required. You can put it on your table and work with ease.
Also, If you are a professional contractor, working on aesthetic projects/artwork or delicate pieces, this table saw will provide you precision and efficiency with neat cuts. It gives very clean cross cuts, and rip cuts. Not just that, you can also perform some fragile cuts and design something unique and luxurious. Its features are incredible for such a small table saw under $500.
As established earlier, it’s a good addition to creative work. If you need to move a lot of work outdoors or go to your project location it gives you extra ease. You can carry it single-handedly or even with a regular bike/back seat of your car. It is efficient for creative projects that include different types of materials.
- Free shipping and affordable price
- Higher product value with extended features
- Handle a huge variety of material
- Carried single-handedly
- Space smart (Perfect for small space/ workshop)
- Designed for aesthetic/ delicate work
- Protective gears make it safer for the user
- Not comfortable with long rip cuts but offers very odd cuts where needed.
We found this table saw a little bit hard while setting up for Rip cut for the first time. After some hit and trial, we adjusted it for parallel. If you manage to do so, rest is wonderful for any contractor as it regains the initial setting very well.
5. Novel life mini – Best Hobby Table saw
- Uni-body steel frame design with a 5 mm thick aluminum base provides a sturdy platform to work
- The table saw has a blade height adjustment feature that can be adjusted between 0-30 mm height. Moreover, it comes with various blades including a 4” HSS circular blade, 4” diamond blade, and 4” alloy saw blade for cutting acrylic material, wood, balsa, plastic, and PCB board.
- The blade spins at 8000 rotations per minute which is extremely powerful and must be dealt with precautions.
- Comes with double motors that offer not only cutting but also polishing facility. 795 type is the main motor for cutting and ripping whereas the 775 type motor comes with a B10 drill chuck for polishing.
If you are doing DIY projects as a hobby, Novellife mini hobby is the best voice for your first table saw under $500. It weighs only 4.2 kg, like a small printer (but do handle it with care). It comes with a long cord and converter, since it operates on direct current, the converter attached with the cord converts your socket’s alternate current into direct current. So nothing to worry about. Its body is made of steel which means no worries of rust in humidity.
Furthermore, a unibody structure ensures easy assembly to get started immediately. You can store it without getting worried about rust because of its strong build, tough materials, and good surface treatments. The 5mm thick aluminum alloy platform provides a sturdy base to take all the weight of the table saw and the job as well.
Another amazing feature is its dual motor, 795 type motor is for cutting and 775 vice motor has a B10 drill for polishing purpose. This makes the cutting fun as you get cleaned and polished surfaces after you are done. You can see all the essential features in the following section.
Novel life mini hobby table saw is the best starter table saw under $500 for hobbyists and small projects. Even if you’re not a carpenter, it handles multiple other materials. And if you are starting to learn woodwork and keeping it as a hobby, for now, it’s a good tool to start with. You’ll enjoy the ease and learn quickly. It’ll make learning fun.
- Low noise
- Precise cuts
- Handle multiple types of material
- Highly efficient for fragile work
- Equally effective for wood cutting (best result for 3cm thickness of the wood)
- Reasonable price
- The Manual is not very helpful. Difficult for a novice worker to figure out a few features. For example what drill chuck and key are for.
The best option for a novice woodworker too. It’s very user-friendly and a perfect companion for your weekend projects or hobby. We found the table saw without any manual or instructions to change the blades. So it might be a little hassle for a newbie to understand the process fully.
6. DEWALT DW745 – Best Portable Saw
- Pack includes: Blade size 24 tooth SERIES 30, Push stick, Dust port, Miter fence, and parallel fence
- Has a blade spin speed of 3,850 rpm
- Fast-moving and accurate rack and pinion fence rail provides greater ease and flexibility
- The fence system offers a rip capacity of 610 millimeters, which is appreciable for a portable table saw
- The motor operates on 15 Amp and rips the hardwood effectively.
- DEWALT DW745 has accurate scales and safe locks for rear and front fences.
Dewalt is also the most trusted manufacturer when it comes to the best table saws. This table saw is famous because its maximum RIP to the left of blade 12” and maximum RIP to right of blade is 20”.
Moreover, is powered by an 1850 watt motor and provides a highly efficient cut for a beginner table saw. It weighs 22 Kgs which makes it highly portable. The manufacturer always recommends this to adjust it on a steel roll cage to avoid any accidental drops.
DEWALT DW745’s shoe bevel has a tilt angle from 0 to 45 degrees, and its measurement scale is highly accurate.
The cast-iron table top design ensures accuracy and precision when a user makes cuts with the saw. Furthermore, it has an overload protection system which makes the table saw capable of cutting, wet, hard, and frozen woods. There is a quick bevel lock that makes you able to make quick large adjustments with accuracy.
DEWALT is a well-established name in the table saw a market and its cast iron table and steel roll cage give it strong standing and lasting performance. Although the design is particularly for North American users, other carpenters can also add it to their workshop. It offers a promising quality of production. Its features are slightly overwhelming but a beginner can keep it for a longer period of time, once you gain expertise, you won’t need to replace it immediately due to its advanced features. It’s a good addition to your collection. I have covered a guide on how to unlock a Dewalt table saw.
- Easy to assemble
- Comes with all the safety accessories
- Rips capacity of 610 mm.
- Efficient performance
- Professional cut result for a novice user and small projects
- Dust collection port reduces the hassle and save the carpenter from the mess
- The stand is not part of the deal, which slightly increases the cost
- Design works best for North American users
The only downside of this table saw is its heavyweight. The manufacturer claims the table saw is portable and easy to move but we found it hard to move because of its heavyweight.
7. Bosch GTS1031-Inch – Best Jobsite Table Saw
- Hardwood, pressure-treated wood, tiles, etc.
- The rip fence is supported by a square lock that helps in clean-cut, Riving knife, and smart guards protect the user from kickbacks.
- The blade is 24 tooth carbide table saw with a spin speed of 5000 rotations per minute. The blade and motor offer an 18 Inch rip capacity.
- This all-in-one table saw has the capacity to store its accessories within along with a good dust chute that keeps the workplace mess-free.
- Its motor is designed to make cuts on hard material. It’s built for a heavy job.
- Compared to other heavy job table saws, Bosch GTS is movable. And you can carry it to various locations.
- The body and table underneath the blade is designed to carry accessories such as miter gauge, push stick, wrenches, rip fence, etc. It enhances movability and reduces storage space.
- Its smart guard system is designed to ensure the safety of users while performing a tough job.
Bosch GTS110 is a top table saw under $500 for all those carpenters who want to take their skills to the next level. This product is an all-in-one table saw that will help you build a decent career in carpentering. With its portable size, lightweight, and precise cutting capacity, it is famous for DIY jobs or any site work.
Having a 10-inch carbide saw blade of 24 teeth, it can cut through all of the tough materials without a big hassle. This table saw is designed to be a Jobsite table saw that weighs 52 pounds, which also means you can move it to various places (your job site). Furthermore, a 5000 rpm motor does not exhaust while cutting heavy-duty jobs on job sites.
If you have freshly/recently started as a carpenter and want to replace your old one with a power saw, Bosch GTS 110 is your best option. It can cut through hardwood, pressure-treated lumber, and tiles, etc. It is also a good table saw for beginners who want to do heavy work.
- Steel base provides stability and a sturdy foundation
- Easy to work with because of carbide blade
- Compatible with dado blades
- A storage box is available under the table
Bosch is a good name when it comes to heavy-duty jobs. It will help you complete some mega projects, contracts, or otherwise. This Jobsite table saw can be used by a newbie until he gets expertise. The price is justified with the value that it offers. The only downside is the depth measurement that needs adjustments every time you want to use the saw.
8. Craftsman Evolv 15 031 Amp 10 In
- The cutting angle for bevel cut is 90 degrees.
- Dimensions are: 26.9 x 19.8 x 12.9 inches
- It is 36 inches high from the ground
- Cuts 3 inches deep at 90 degrees and 2.5 inches at 45 degrees
- Weighs around 50 pound
- Warranty of 1 year
Evolv is a perfect definition of the best starter table saw. This table saw is a wonderful addition to best table saws under $500 because of its kickback guard and built-in push. It’s for non-commercial, non-contactor use so seems to be a perfect match for DIY users or hobbyists.
You can use it for Small DIYs and home projects that you want to do for fun. Since it’s for non-commercial use, you wouldn’t want to assign a separate workplace or table for it. The manufacturer understands it very well. The table stand provided with this table saw is strong and does not take much space. You can put it in the storeroom after use. You won’t need any extra space while working, because of its size, you can take it out of a cupboard and work as per your convenience.
- Feasibility: No need for an extra table or workspace. Can be used in the back yard etc.
- A strong blade of 10 diameters gives a deep and sharp cut.
- Easily adjustable in a small space. Can be stored in a small place and won’t bother having a separate table.
- Not much heavy
- Reasonable price: Deliver the value with features
- Best suited for home projects
- The dust port is bought separately which can make it a little messy.
- Better not remove the saw from its stand. It’s adjusted to sit together.
- Slightly loud
Craftsman Evolv 15 is admittedly a home job table saw. A beginner or a regular user, this saw is best suited for home-based jobs. Making planks, racks, cabinets, etc. Not suited for heavy jobs but is definitely worth the price for some home-based creativity. Furtermore, we found that the blade change is not easy on his table saw. The wood gets stuck many times which needs to be smacked with a push stick. It may happen with a very new user until you become a proficient user and know how to handle these minor issues.
9. Rockwell BladeRunner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw
- Dimensions: 16.1 x 17.5 x 8.3 inches
- Run on 120 Volts
- Weighs only 17 pounds
- Comes with 5 types of 4” T-shank blade
- Cut materials such as wood, aluminum, ceramic tiles, plastic, or metals
Next on the list is the best table saw under $500. Rockwell is a table saw with additional functions as a beginner’s table saw. It weighs only 17 pounds which is extremely light to carry, and it does come with a handle to carry it around. Its base is plastic made yet very durable, and you can perform some serious projects such as laminate flooring with this little fellow, and it’ll cut the wood like cake slices. Rockwell is offering a very productive table saw under $500. It’s very inexpensive compared to the value it offers. If you are not planning on heavy-duty jobs, this could be a lifetime investment for you.
- Best investment for a beginner table saw.
- Better specs
- Very inexpensive
- Storage space in the base of the saw
- Performs rip, cross, scroll and miter cuts neatly
- It’s user friendly and safe so a novice worker and a professional can use it conveniently.
- Safety switch
- It’s corded so in spite of the portability, You’ll need sockets near the workspace.
- DO have rubber pad underneath but can sip on polished/ smooth surfaces while working.
Rockwell produces quality products with a wide range of features that enable you to start working as a novice and keep using the same product even when you’re an expert. It’s highly portable and is definitely worth the price because this is the best beginner table saw that will stay with you for a very long time, and you’ll be able to do some tremendous home-based projects with it.
10. Hitachi C10RJ Starter Table Saw
- Dimensions: 22 x 28 x 36 inches
- Spin speed: 4500 RPM
- Bevel cut range is 0 to 45 degrees
- Blade: 10 inches 40 Tooth carbide
- Electricity powered
- Maximum rip capacity and space
Hitachi is our last but one of the best picks among best table saws under $500. Of course, the table saw is designed for home-based DIYs or medium size projects and not for timer shop or heavy carpenter shop. But its additional features make it the best pick for a single user.
First, this table has a soft start function installed to keep the bare noise minimum so that you don’t have to worry about disturbing your surroundings while working. The second best thing is its electric brake halt that not only stops the blade within seconds but also ensures your safety without testing your patience.
- It weighs= 96 pounds so it’s not completely portable but the stand is designed in a way that you can fold it and balance the weight with wheels attached to the stand. So not entirely movable but definitely does not require an army to move.
- Telescoping table supports 35 inches of rip capacity to the right side of the blade and 22 inches to the left which offers a very comfortable work surface
- Stand takes wider ground to support the weight of the saw, so you will not experience any shiver while working.
- Price is relatively high but considering the features, it’s worth the cash.
- Assembling the saw could be a bit technical for new users.
C10RJ does not offer mobility but is suitable for stationary projects. It’s a good companion if you’re planning to do carpentering for a more extended period and expecting to achieve some goals out of it. As for the professionals, It is a splendid choice. It offers safe, precise, neat, deep cuts and can especially handle dado cuts and bevel cuts with precision.
Buying Guide to Choose the Best Table Saw Under 500 Dollars
We understand it could be a little overwhelming to decide with such good options at hand. However, choosing a table saw that best suits your needs is not that complicated if you understand your needs.
Understand what you need?
What kind of carpenter you are, what is your level of expertise, do you have any exposure to or any experience with table saws? If yes, What do you seek in your best table saw? If you do not have experience well, what your future projects are going to look like? Are they DIYs? Are you planning to become a contractor and establish some earning stream out of this hobby?
Evaluate the product
Now that you know what you want a beginner table saw under $500 for? choose the most relevant product from this article and re-evaluate it. Be sure it has all the specs that you’re going to need.
Now you can look for your desired table saw in the market or go online and order it as per your ease. An online order can save you the hassle of getting it personally delivered but going to the market can give you a first-hand selection opportunity.
Understanding the table saw
The table saw is a straightforward machine. Consider it an upside-down motor-supported blade fixed on a table for better results and “safety”. The tools that come with that table will ensure that you get the best results without risking a limb. Novice workers should start with a safety-approved table saw.
The table saws we chose for you are the best table saws under $500. Here’s how it works.
Imagine a medium-sized rectangular table with a thin blade in the middle and few scales on the sides. Now we explain the blade and the scales for you.
The blade is held on to a post called an arbor. Arbor gives the facility to change the blade size as per the requirement. You can also adjust the blade’s height with a crank at the front of the saw. ( Try to raise the blade aligned with the height of the wood. Next, you’re going to insert the plate that covers the vacuum around the blade and make your table saw smooth. Finally, you can tilt the blade for bevel cut using another crank next to the height adjustment crank.
On both sides of the blade are grooves called Miter slots that move a scale called Miter gauge. A Miter gauge is used for crosscuts. The next best part about the table saw is the rip fence. It’s a safety fence used to make rip cuts. While moving your wood towards the blade provides support and makes sure that your wood doesn’t move freely, causing any damage.
Never use Rip fence and Miter gauge at once, or cut freehand without any support. The next part on the list is a Riving knife that prevents kickback. Advice is, use every safety accessory that comes with the saw.
A small guide to safety
We understand how exciting it could be to work with such a powerful tool, but you must respect that power and follow the safety procedure.
Do it in your mind first: Make it a habit, a ritual. Always run the process in your mind first. How the measurements are done, how far your hand will be from the blade, How the cut will look like? When to turn on the blade, when to shut it off?
Accessories to wear: The table saws we chose for you with precision and care are safe, but we highly recommend using a breathing mask, safety goggles, and headphones.
Accessories to use for cutting: Don’t forget to buy a gripper or push stick and avoid bringing your hands close to the blade. Better keep your hands a minimum of 6 inches away from the blade.
Always shut the blade before removing the wood: Once you’ve cut, resist the temptation to reach over the alive blade and remove the wood. Instead, wait for the blade to shut off before clearing the table.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I cut a 4×4 with a table saw?
A regular table saw with a 10-inch blade can cut 3-⅛ inches deep in one go. For a 4×4 you need a 12-inch blade that will give a 4 inches deep cut in one go.
Can I put a 12 inch blade on my 10 inch table saw?
No! Do not try to shuffle the blade size that is not recommended and supported by its motor. Always use the right blade for the right size.
How do I choose the right table saw blade?
Blades are designed for specific materials, that is why it is important that you always check the manual. As we chose table saws that can cut multiple types of material but many of them do come with different blades.
We’ve chosen the safest and most reliable table saw so you don’t risk buying tools that are risky to use (freehand saw etc.). Instead, a little bit of investment in the right tool can save you extra time, money and help you create the masterpieces you want to create. In addition, the table saw comes with some tremendous complementary tools (scales, push sticks, etc.) that bring a professional finish to your work and give you satisfactory results to be proud of.